"He who sings well prays twice." (St. Augustine of Hippo) +++ "Qui cantat precatur ter." (Gregorius Spurius)

Thursday, February 02, 2017

Our new page

Hi all. I'm probably going to be using this page increasingly rather than Facebook to post information for our chant choir. I'm keeping the Facebook page, and may post a few things there, but most things will probably go here. One advantage is the non-reverse-chronological order that I can make many of the sections. As I'm planning it, I'm probably going to put links to the Mass Propers to the left, and hymns and Mass settings to the right. The middle column will be kept for announcements and other items.

At the top is a field to enter your email address to subscribe to this page, but I think it will only send you posts to the middle column, not new items I've added in any of the sections described above. You may want to bookmark this page and check it frequently.

That all might change. The format has already evolved pretty substantially from what I initially had in mind, and may continue to do so in ways I can't anticipate. We'll see.

Anyway, for now, look over to the right for Mass XI Orbis Factor, coming up starting Septuagessima Sunday and which we will use through Lent. Also on the right, the hymn for February, the month of the Holy Family (so, starting this next Sunday, 05 February).Finally, at left, the Propers for 12 February, Septuagessima Sunday.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment