"He who sings well prays twice." (St. Augustine of Hippo) +++ "Qui cantat precatur ter." (Gregorius Spurius)

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Post Practice Summation

Good practice last night! Thank you all for coming. Sorry it went so long, but the next couple probably will as well. There's a lot of stuff to cover.

A couple of points:

1) I added the line-ups for Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil at left, all the way at the bottom. These link to Google Docs, so will always be as up-to-date as possible. For instance, based on my decision last night to ditch Crux Fidelis for Good Friday Communion in favor of Sing My Tongue the Glorious Battle, I have changed that Good Friday sheet. So, yes, of course, the thick packets I gave y'all last night are already out-of-date....

2) After our bit of a struggle last night with the Stabat Mater we had, I did some searching and found the more familiar tune, the one that we always use with the English translation during the Way of the Cross. I have replaced the links and the Youtube video at right to reflect that. I think it will be much easier and better all around. We've got enough other stuff we need to work on. ... But I would ask you to look at the new score [LINK] and listen to the Youtube video [LINK] before this coming Passion Sunday, when we'll use it first -- although we will not be singing it with the "lilt" that is in the video.

3) Incidentally, still no word on the Easter TLM. If we do it, we'll just use the standard psalm tone Propers for everything except the Communio. It so happens that the Easter Sunday full Communio is exactly the same as the one we are learning for Easter Vigil. For hymns, after the Offertorio, Regina Caeli Jubila; after the Communio, O Filii et Filiae. There is also the Easter Sequence before the Gospels. All of that is familiar to most of us. Finally, effective Easter Sunday (hopefully, if not then Low Sunday) we'll be reverting back to Mass VIII De Angelis, at least for a long while. Right now, despite what we've briefly talked about, I'm not terribly inclined to try learning a new Mass Setting. But, just in case we do get an Easter Sunday TLM, I will be posting the various sheets and links as soon as I can.

Again, thank you all. See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment