"He who sings well prays twice." (St. Augustine of Hippo) +++ "Qui cantat precatur ter." (Gregorius Spurius)

Monday, February 19, 2018

Line-up for SUN 25 FEB: SECOND SUNDAY IN LENT (plus Chair of St. Peter and 3rd Sunday)

Hi all... I'm changing the format of these posts a bit once again. I'm going back to a more detailed list, this time of the sheets/pieces of music you should have in your folder or binder, in what I consider to be the best order for keeping them straight during Mass. (Obviously, there could always be last-minute changes, but this is the best I can anticipate when I'm putting together material for practice.) To make things a bit quicker and easier on myself in putting together these posts, I'm also going to stop repeating the links here for sheets, audio, and/or video for items (such as the Mass parts and hymns) that are in the lists to right or left of this center column. I'll follow that Sunday list with other items we'll look at during the weekly practice. So, for:

Sun 25 Feb: 2nd Sunday in Lent

  • Asperges Me
  • Mass Propers for 2nd Sunday in Lent [LINK]
  • Kyrie XI Orbis Factor
  • Credo III 
  • HYMN: Parce Domine
  • Sanctus XI Orbis Factor
  • Agnus Dei XI Orbis Factor
  • Antiphona ad S. Michaelem Archangelem

Other Items

  • Thu 22 Feb: Chair of St. Peter (Indulgenced Basilican Feast Day) [LINK]
  • Sun 04 Mar: First Sunday in March -- with Organ

No comments:

Post a Comment